Simple Tips and Best Home Remedies to Fight Itchy Scalp
Dry and itchy scalp is very difficult to manage when summers are going on. There are many products online which might help to heal the scalp but other than that, many home remedies are useful and convenient to get rid of itchy scalp. Home remedies are indeed helpful but make sure you have necessary knowledge of the problem before finding the solution. Itchy scalp can be due to many reasons, some of them being lice and normal dandruff. Sometimes, the scalp is damaged due to summer heat and sweat. Such normal problems can be healed by home remedies but if you don’t find any improvement for weeks then you should probably see a dermatologist. Symptoms like bleeding and continuous irritation or swelling are enough to see a dermatologist. Here are some of the simpler and convenient home remedies which might come handy in normal hair problems.
Tips to reduce Itchy Scalp:
- Main cause of a hair problem can be the shampoo which you are using. If you are trying a new product, then it can help you or it can damage your hair. Degradation in the quality of hair is an indication that a particular hair product should be discontinued. Baby shampoo is very soft and has minimum chemicals. So you can use it to clean your scalp without any irritation.
- Never use hot water to wash your hair as it will make the scalp even more dry and irritating. So it is always better to use lukewarm water. Using cold water will be better. Washing hair twice a week is perfect because if you wash it frequently then you might end up having dry scalp and natural oils will fade away from the scalp.
- Best remedy for shining and healthy looking hair is drinking plenty of water every day. You should drink at least eight glasses of water everyday so ensure healthy growth of your hair. Good water intake keeps your scalp moisturized. Try to eat healthy food. Vegetables and fruits rich in protein and various vitamins are very essential for your hair and also your overall health. Iron and zinc keeps your hair strong and prevent it from breaking and falling easily.
- Products used for styling of the hair should be used rarely. Frequent use of such products will only make you hair worse. Not only this, blow dryers and hot irons makes the hair look good, but they damage the hair extensively and make it look dull and damaged.
- Natural oils like almond oil and olive oil are rich in vitamins. They are very light and if applied regularly, improves the quality of hair and adds luster to it. One such remedy to get rid of damaged scalp is to add few spoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water and massage the scalp with this solution. It will help you to cure all the problems related to scalp and will relax the scalp.
- You should have a separate hair brush for yourself. Make sure you don’t use hair brush used by others as this can cause itchy scalp and lice instantly.
These are some of the commonly suggested home remedies to get rid of itchy scalp.
Despite of the remedies stated above, if you don’t find any noticeable improvement, then there are some other ideas which will help you get rid of your problems.
Home Remedies to get rid of itchy scalp:
- Oils are very essential for a healthy growth of hair. Eucalyptus and neem oil are very effective if mixed and applied on the scalp. It acts as a serum which soothes your scalp. Apply it on the affected areas, let it work on that area and after an hour or so, wash your hair. You will see the difference instantly. It softens and strengthens your hair. It is one of the best remedies for dandruff.
- Chamomile spray is very good for itchy scalp. You can make it at home with this simple idea. Add ten to fifteen chamomile flowers in two cups of boiling water. Let the mixture boil on a low flame and the color of liquid will change slowly. Now turn off the gas and let the liquid cool to its normal temperature. Filter the mixture and collect it in a bottle which has a spray. Keep it in the fridge. It can be stored in the refrigerator and applied on the scalp whenever you have an itchy scalp. This is a very old remedy to cure the scalp and is very affective.
- If you find the above remedy difficult then you can buy chamomile tea from store and use it for fast relief.
- A dry scalp is always itchy and causes hair loss to a very high extent. So you need to moisturize your hair in order to keep it healthy. Mix different oils like coconut oil, olive oil and other oils in an equal proportion. Massage your hair softly using finger ends to ensure the oil has been soaked by your scalp and it is not dry any more. Vitamin E oil is more beneficial and if you have it then add it with other oil. Now keep it overnight and wash it off in the morning to get a shining and lustrous hair devoid of dandruff instantly.
- If you hair is already too oily, then frequent use of oil on your hair won’t be a good option. In such cases hair packs can be made at home and used one or twice a week. Mix two spoons of honey and a ripe banana. Grind it in a mixer and add onion juice to this mixture. Keep it for few minutes and then apply it on your hair. Keep the mixture applied for about half hour and after that wash it with lukewarm water. This is an excellent hair mask to remove inflammation and dry flakes from your hair.
Try these various home remedies. Some might help you but some might not. At the end you will definitely benefit from these remedies.