Tasty, Healthy and Best Vegetarian Salad Recipes
Vegetarians are often at a loss as to what recipe to make with the vegetables and fruits. One of the easiest ways to make healthy and tasty dishes is to try making salads. Salads are healthy and do not add much calorie to you daily diet. By mixing vegetables, fruits, nuts, lentils, whole grains and herbs you can make delicious and healthy salads that provide you all nutrition you need.
Delicious Fresh Vegan Salad Recipes:
Apple, pomegranate salad:
- Apple – 1 medium sized
- Pomegranate seeds – ¼ cup
- Cottage cheese – 2 teaspoons
- Lettuce leaves – 2 cups
- Chilli vinegar – ¼ cup
- Honey – ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt and cracked black pepper for taste
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and put it in the refrigerator till use.
- Take a large bowl and mix apples, pomegranate seeds and lettuce leaves. Toss well.
- Now add the dressing over it and toss well.
- Place it in a serving dish and garnish with grated cottage cheese.
Banana orange salad:
- Orange – ½, peeled and sliced
- Almond flakes – 1 tsp
- Banana – 1 medium sized, sliced
- Honey – 1 tsp.
- lemon juice and honey – 1 tsp. each
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Mix lemon juice, honey and black pepper powder and whisk well to get a smooth dressing.
- Dip orange slices in honey and soak. Put them in the refrigerator.
- Take them out after 90 minutes and toss with banana slices.
- Toss well with the dressing.
- Now transfer it in to a serving plate, which is lined with mixed salad greens.
- Sprinkle almond flakes on top and serve immediately.
Fruit salad with yogurt dressing:
- Pomegranate seeds, water melon, pine apple and musk melon – ¼ cup each
- Green grapes without seeds – ½ cup
- Flax seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Mint leaves – 3
- Yogurt or low-fat curd that is not sour – 2 tbsp.
- Cracked black pepper – to taste
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Toss the honey and fruits and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Blend the dressing ingredients to get a smooth mixture and add it to the chilled mixture.
- Toss well.
- Sprinkle mint leaves and flax seeds and serve.
Green gram, Bell Pepper and tomato salad:
This salad is rich in protein and nutrients as lots of vegetables and whole green gram are added. Adding black pepper and paprika flakes make it spicy.
- Whole green gram – 1/4th Soak it overnight
- Tomato cut in to cubes – ½ cup
- Green bell pepper cut into small cubes – 1/4th
- Onions finely chopped – 1/4th cup
- Coriander leaves finely minced –1/4th teaspoon
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed and taken from one lemon
- Red paprika flakes – to taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Take green gram in a large pan and add enough water to cover it. Place it on medium heat and cook till it is half cooked. Remove excess water.
- Take all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add onions, tomatoes and bell peppers in a serving dish and toss properly. Now add the cooked gram also and toss.
- Add the dressing and moa well with a flat spoon.
- Add coriander leaves and serve fresh.
- Split green gram – ¼ cup
- Green chillies – 2, that is ground to get a smooth paste
- Carrot – 1 medium sized that is peeled and grated
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut – 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – taken from ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Split black gram with the skin removed – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Oil for tempering and a pinch of asafetida
- Wash and soak green gram in water for 60 minutes
- Remove excess water and put it a large mixing bowl along with carrots, coconut and coriander leaves.
- Before you serve, add green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt, and toss well.
- Take a shallow frying pan and heat in medium flame. Add oil and when it becomes hot, add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Now fry black gram till it is deep brown in color.
- Add curry leaves and remove from flame. Add asafetida. Pour this on the split green gram mixture and toss properly. Add seasoning and have it as snack or with meals.
Sweet corn, bell pepper and coriander leaves salad:
- Frozen sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
- Yellow, green and red bell pepper – 1 each, small in size
- Onion – 1
- Coriander leaves – 1/4th cup
- Olive oil – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- Add sweet corn to boiling eater and cook till it is thawed.
- Drain it and keep it aside.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl to get a smooth mixture.
- Add the three peppers, corn and onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing over it and toss well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve.
Three pepper pasta salad with spice mix:
- Red, Yellow and Green pepper – 1/4th each, julienned
- Penne pasta – 1/4th cup, uncooked
- Low fat cheese – 1 teaspoon
- Spice mix (basil, thyme, garlic, red paprika and oregano) – to taste
- Red chilli flakes and salt to taste
- Olive oil for roasting the bell peppers
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Crushed black pepper – 1/8 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Add ½ teaspoon olive oil and salt to boiling water and cook pasta in it. It takes about 8 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and roast bell pepper juliennes by stirring frequently. Also sprinkle some olive oil on the bell pepper juliennes and grill at 200 degree Celsius, till it is well roasted. Season with red chilli flakes, pasta seasoning and some salt.
- Blend garlic cloves and olive oil to get a smooth and creamy paste.
- Add vinegar and black pepper and keep aside.
- Take cooked pasta and roasted peppers in a mixing bowl and toss well with garlic mayonnaise.
- Place it on a serving plate along with mixed greens and garnish with cheese.
- Serve immediately.