How to Treat or Cure Dandruff with Salt Easily
Majority of people suffer from dandruff, which is caused due the shedding of dry skin from the scalp. Sometimes it causes severe itching as well and harm the skin of the scalp. Two types of dandruff may occur on your scalp, which are dry and oily. If you have a dry scalp, you will suffer from dry dandruff. On the other hand, if you have an oily scalp, you will suffer from oily dandruff. Too much of dandruff on your hair makes it fall on your clothes and shoulders and even affects your eyebrows and eye lashes. Often dandruff affects the skin also. It is very embarrassing when people notice the dandruff that falls on your clothes. So you have to treat it properly and get rid of it as soon as possible.
Image credits: Flickr
Reasons for the Appearance of Dandruff on the Scalp are:
Hormonal issues – Changes in hormone levels can cause dandruff. That is why dandruff is more common among ten agers as they undergo a lot of hormonal changes during the process of growing up. Usually this dandruff goes off after a few years, when the problem is corrected.
Infected scalp – When the scalp gets infected, dandruff is bound to occur. So always keep your scalp clean and healthy, without getting it infected.
Not cleaning the scalp properly – If your scalp is not clean, you will suffer from dandruff. So always keep your scalp clean y using a mild shampoo that do not harm your skin and hair.
Stress and Tension – This is another main reason for the occurrence of dandruff.
Unhealthy diet – Unhealthy diet makes hair dry and deficient in all the essential nutrients needed by the hair. As a result it is more prone to dandruff.
Using various cosmetic products – You must use cosmetic products that are suitable for your skin and avoid using various cosmetics, as some of them may not suit your skin and lead to the formation of dandruff.
Nowadays it is not a difficult task to treat dandruff as you have a variety of methods for dandruff treatment. You get a lot of anti dandruff shampoos and oils in the market, but they provide you only temporary relief from dandruff. Once you stop using them, it starts appearing again. If you want to get rid of it permanently, you have a lot of home remedies that are very effective. They are permanent and also do not harm your scalp and the hair as they do not contain any chemicals in them. One of the home remedies for getting rid of dandruff is to treat your scalp with salt.
Different Ways to Treat Dandruff with Salt:
- Take table salt in a salt shaker and shake it well on your scalp so that the salt falls on your scalp.
- After sprinkling the salt you have to wet your fingers and massage your scalp well with the wet fingers. You can also ask somebody else to massage your scalp for you. Massage the scalp continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes, so that the dead skin flakes are removed completely from your scalp.
- Once you complete massaging your scalp, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. You may also use a good anti-dandruff shampoo.
- After washing your hair you have to dry your hair with a clean towel. You will see the difference that is made.
- Take a pan and pour some water into it. Warm the water and then add 3 tablespoons of salt into the water.
- Stir he water well so that the salt gets dissolved in it.
- Let the warm water cool down and reach the room temperature.
- Now rinse your hair with this water and massage the scalp well for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Benefits of Using Salt for Hair:
- When you rub the salt well on your scalp, the dead skin flakes that have formed on your scalp will fall off, making your scalp clean and clear. You need not worry any more about the dandruff falling on your clothes and getting noticed by the others. Salt treatment is easy to do and also very inexpensive.
- Another advantage of using salt is that salt absorbs the excess oil that forms on your scalp. As a result, the scalp do not get greasy and thus the formation of dandruff is prevented.
- When your scalp is wet and has extra moisture, it will lead to the growth of fungus on the scalp. Salt helps in removing extra moisture from the scalp and thus prevent the growth of fungus on the scalp. This in turn prevents the formation of fungus also.
Treating your scalp with salt is easy and also not very costly. So start using salt to treat the dandruff on your scalp and go out confidently without the fear of dandruff falling on your clothes and getting embarrassed in front of the people.
Other than treating your hair with salt to remove dandruff, you also have to follow the following tips for getting rid of dandruff. They are as follows:
- Have a diet that is healthy and balanced, including Vitamins A, B and E.
- You must take care to include green leafy vegetables, milk, eggs and chicken in your diet.
- Try to stay away from getting stressed and tension these are one of the main causes for dandruff formation and all other health problems.
- Try not to experiment your hair with the use of various cosmetic products. These only help in harming your scalp and hair.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to use a good quality anti dandruff shampoo for your hair.
By following the above said tips and treating your hair with salt you can keep dandruff at bay and wear clothes of any color including black without the fear that it may show the dandruff.
I will try salt treatment for my dandruff and I hope it will recover soon…
Did it work? How long did it take to recover?
I did this. It worked very well for me.
I really do this because I have a dandruff. It is really effective for me. I do this 3 times a week and after just two three weeks, my dandruff had already gone.
Try this guys, removing your dandruff with a simply salt is really effective. So easy.
Hi Joyce, do you find it ok to do this treatment 3 days in a row or is it better to leave some time in between?
My first time trying this process & I am in love with it. My scalp has it been the same!
pls I dnt understand the process of using salt to cure dandruff. pleas enlighten me more I need help cbecause am suffering from dandruff
Do I pour the salt into my hair while my hair is wet, wash the salt out, then use shampoo?
I don’t have noticeable dandruff, but a rough and itchy scalp. Would a salt treatment be good for this?
Method 1: Should I wet my hair before rubbing the salt in?
Salt really does help. I have dandruff all the time due to a dry scalp. I have tried a lot of remedies and none really work like salt. I have first noticed salt helping when I would go for a swim in the ocean. The dandruff would be gone for two or three weeks. Now that I use a salt rinse, I can constantly wear the dandruff off.
I added some sea salt to head and shoulders shampoo bottle and took some of the shampoo and added apple cider vinegar to it and applied to my hair…had let it work for five to ten minutes. Then rinsed with water diluted with apple cider vinegar and sea salt ..the flakes fell off and scalp is clean