What is Dry Skin Brushing – Its Benefits and How to do it
The skin is the largest organ in the body but we hardly take proper care of our skin unless it shows some serious problems. It is important that you take care of the skin as much as you do for the other organs of the body. Dry skin brushing is one such activity that helps you to take care of the skin. It is very simple and easy to do. Doing this helps in removing cellulites from the thighs and the legs. Dry skin brushing also has lots of other benefits.
What is Dry Skin Brushing?
You get special brushes for dry skin brushing and you must use these brushes to brush the skin. Brushing with these brushes helps you in removing cellulites from the skin. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to do the brushing with a dry brush and the skin also must be dry. You cannot do it on wet skin as it will not work properly. So the right time to do this is just before you take your bath. You can do dry skin brushing daily, even twice a day.
How to do Dry Skin Brushing:
Dry skin brushing revitalizes your skin and is therefore very beneficial for a healthy skin. You need a high quality brush with bristles preferably made from natural materials. They should be stiff enough but not too much. Long handles make it easy to reach all parts of the body. When you brush your skin, the direction should be towards your heart. So, when you brush your legs start with your ankles and then proceed upwards. Similarly, when you brush your arms, start with your upper arm. If you are brushing on the stomach, the direction is to be counter clockwise. Do not brush your face, genitals and other areas where you may feel irritation or pain. When you brush the skin with dry skin brush, make sure that you brush firmly. Bur take care that you do not press the brush too much as it may be painful. If too much pressure is applied, it may cause irritation to your skin ad make the skin red and inflamed. Your skin must look pink after the brush and not red. You can brush as long as you wish. Usually the time taken for dry skin brushing is between 2 and 20 minutes.
Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing:
- The pores of the skin often get clogged with sweat, grime, dirt and other such pollution in the environment. We cannot clean the skin as often as it is needed. The regular cleaning of the skin as you take bath is not enough to open up the pores. Dry skin brushing on the other hand, helps in opening up the pores by unclogging the pores and allow the skin to breath normally.
- Dry skin brushing is very beneficial for removing the dead skin cells that have accumulated on the skin; the dead skin cells make the skin dull and unattractive. By removing them, the skin is made to look young and glowing within a few days.
- Dry skin brushing helps in the growth of new cells and also increases the circulation of blood and lymph in the body by stimulating blood vessels and lymph vessels. Blood caries oxygen and other nutrients to parts of the body, and lymph is essential for removing cellular waste products. So, by stimulating lymph vessels your body is able to get rid of all toxins. Your skin becomes tighter and firmer by dry skin brushing.
- Dry skin brushing is excellent for reducing and finally removing cellulite, which are fat deposits that form ugly patches on your thighs. Brushing with it makes the fat deposits soft and helps in making them spread evenly on the skin. So, you get beautiful and shapely legs that you will never want to hide.
- Dry skin brushing has the ability to enhance the functioning of the digestive system as well as the kidneys. This is because of its role in enhancing the circulation of lymph. Increasing lymph circulation leads to the removal of more toxins from the body and takes the pressure off from the digestive system and kidneys, which have to do this job otherwise. So the digestive system and the kidney are able to perform their functions properly and more effectively.
- You get a lowing skin that is firmer and tighter by doing dry skin brushing regularly. This is because the brushing stimulates blood vessels and increases the circulation of blood to each and every part of the body. As a result each cell of the skin gets more blood and oxygen, which makes you skin look youthful and brighter.
- If you do dry skin brushing regularly, the metabolic activities of the body are increased and this helps the body in better management of the waste products.
- You feel cleansed and hydrated after a session of dry skin brushing. It also increases the production of sweat by the skin.
- By exfoliating your skin, dry skin brushing also enhances the production of hormones in the body. As a result, their activity is improved and the body is benefited.
- Dry skin brushing makes your skin soft and smooth, as well as well hydrated.
- By doing dry skin brushing in a calm and quiet place, you feel relaxed and stress free. It reduces muscular tension and makes you calm. So it s quiet similar to whole body massage.
- Once you start doing dry skin brushing you may become an addict to it, but in a good way. This is because dry skin brushing makes you feel good and provides you a sense of well being. You feel more energetic and after brushing your whole body.
So buy a dry skin brush and see how it changes your skin for the better. The money you invest on the brush is not very high compared to the result you get out of it.