White Tea: How to Make – Weight Loss Benefits – Side Effects
Tea has been consumed by people from ages for its taste as well as its medicinal values. We all know about black tea and green tea and their numerous benefits. But do you know what white tea is? White is considered healthier than any other tea you have ever tasted. These three types of teas are made from the same plant but at various stages of the plant. White tea is least processed and has more nutrition in it than other teas. It also contains high amounts of antioxidants.
White tea is made from the new and very young buds and leaves of the tea plant. The leaves thus picked from the plants are steamed and dried to get white tea. Since these leaves undergo minimum processing, they contain more nutrients than the green tea or black tea. Because of these properties, white tea is very costly. It is more expensive than any other varieties of tea.
White tea is generally used to improve the effects of caffeine and other stimulants. It is very effective for increasing your immunity powers, and protects you from various types of cancers. It also helps in allowing down the process of ageing. This is because of its antioxidant properties. One of the amazing benefits of white tea is that it can help you lose weight in a natural way.
How to Make White Tea:
To get the best white tea, you need to choose good and high quality tea leaves. For making 1 cup of white tea, you can add 1 teaspoon of tea leaves. Below is given a simple and easy way to prepare white tea.
- Take a kettle and put the required quantity of tea leaves in it.
- Boil water and pour it over the tea leaves.
- Let it stand for about a couple of minutes, so that it gets brewed properly.
- Now you can strain the liquor in a cup. Your white tea ready to be consumed. It is healthy and amazing to taste.
- Plain white tea has a taste of its own. But some people prefer to add milk to it and have it sweetened. If you want it that way, you can add fat free milk to it and sugar free sweetener. This makes a low calorie health drink that you can enjoy.
Benefits of White Tea for Losing Weight:
Curbs hunger pangs:
Sipping white tea is an excellent way to keep hunger pangs away. This way you do not eat or drink just for the sake of it. This finally provides you the ability to keep your weight under control.
White tea contains caffeine. Caffeine also helps you lose weight.
Inhibits formation of new fat cells:
Studies made have shown that white tea has the ability to prevent the formation if new fat cells, called adipocytes. When the formation of new fat cells is reduced, there is also a reduction in gaining weight. So, drinking white tea is very beneficial for those who want to lose weight.
White tea can mobilize the fat from mature fat cells. As a result, the excess fat is removed from the body. Scientists state this as ‘anti-obesity’ effects. This property of white tea helps in restricting the accumulation of fat in the body.
Restricts dietary fat absorption:
White is very effective for reducing the absorption of dietary fat in the body. As a result, fat is neither absorbed nor stored in the body. This indirectly helps in losing weight and prevents any weight gain.
In addition to inhibiting and mobilizing fat, white tea also helps in stimulating lipolysis. Lipolysis is a process that involves the burning of fat in the body. So, by drinking white tea, you can burn the excess fat in the body. This leads to loss of extra weight and attaining normal body weight.
Being a rich source of antioxidants, white tea helps in stimulating the metabolic activities of the body. When metabolism is improved, you may lose some extra pounds that you have gained.
White tea is very tasty. It has a good and smooth taste. So, you can consume this tea without adding milk, sugar or cream. Since milk and sugar lead to weight gain, having this tea helps in reducing the calories that you take in, thus reducing your weight.
The properties of white tea mentioned above help you to lose weight and prevent further weight gain. But you must keep in mind that just consuming white tea alone is not enough to lose weight. Along with this, you also have to follow a healthy and balanced diet and undergo regular workouts. This way you will be able to get the best results.
Side Effects of White Tea:
- As you now, white tea contains caffeine. So, you must keep a limit on the quantity of white tea that you consume per day. Excess of caffeine can harm your body. However, those who do not have any health problems with caffeine intake can have this tea on a regular basis.
- Remember not to consume this tea at night, before you go to sleep. This is because it contains caffeine. Caffeine can keep you awake and give you sleepless nights.
- If you add whole milk, cream and sugar to this tea, its health benefits may get lost. So, try not to use these ingredients with white tea.
White is causes you no harm except for its caffeine content. You can safely consume it. When you have it regularly, make sure that you have it in limited quantities. Include white tea in your regular diet and see how you lose your excess weight.