Advantages and Benefits of Oranges for Health, Skin and Hair
Oranges are loved by all. They taste really great. On a hot summer afternoon, some orange juice is just so refreshing. But, did you know that oranges have got loads of other benefits, too? Let’s start with
Benefits of Orange and its Juice for your Health:
- Orange prevents the occurrence of kidney stones. Those people who have oranges daily are at a lower risk of having stones
- Cholesterol levels are lowered. Oranges contain hesperidin and pectin. They help in lowering the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. The amount of fat absorbed by t he body is also reduced.
- Oranges help in balancing the level of sugar in your body, hence preventing diabetes. As the amount of calories contained is quite low, there is no issue in having oranges on a daily basis.
- It is very effective for those suffering from arthritis. Orange has got anti-inflammatory properties. Having the juice of an orange every day will help you combat the inflammation. It also prevents rheumatoid arthritis.
- Oranges contain hesperidin and magnesium, which help to lower your blood pressure.
- Oranges contain lots of fibers. They help a lot in effective digestion. Digestive enzymes and juices are released much more easily, and they give you relief from any sort of digestion disorders.
- Oranges contain lots of natural oils. They keep your skin moisturized naturally.
- Oranges contain D-linonene, which is a compound useful in fighting cancers. All citrus fruits contain this compound. Colon cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, and all other cancers can be prevented. Oranges contain lots of Vitamin C also. This makes sure your skin does not get damaged by free radicals.
- Oranges are rich in fibers, hesperidin and also folate. They make sure your heart is healthy. Having oranges on a regular basis keeps your cardiovascular system healthy and strong.
- Brain development is supported by the folic acid which is contained in oranges.
- Oranges are rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to produce white blood corpuscles that make your immune system strong. Your immunity to various diseases in increased.
- Oranges contain only a very small amount of calories, and lots of fibers. It makes you eat just a small amount, and hence aids in losing weight effectively. It decreases your appetite naturally, keeping you healthy at the same time.
- Oranges contain lots of antioxidants. These antioxidants prevent free radicals from affecting you. As such, your skin is kept healthy, and looks younger. The ageing process is made slow.
- Oranges contains flavonoids and polyphenols. They help you combat infections from viruses. Oranges prevent all kinds of viral infections in your body.
- Oranges contain lots of calcium which are great for your bones. They keep your teeth and bones strong and healthy.
- Oranges have lots of fibers. These fibers are great at preventing ulcers. By having orange regularly, you can prevent ulcers in your stomach.
- Oranges help a lot in improving your vision.
- Arteriosclerosisis a conditioning in which your arteries become hard. Vitamin C is really effective in preventing this issue. Since oranges are rich in Vitamin C, you can say that oranges help prevent this problem. It gives enough elasticity and makes your arteries strong enough.
Benefits of Orange Fruit and Peels for your Skin:
- Dark spots and blemishes are treated by oranges. Orange peels are rich in Vitamin C. All you have to do is dry the peels under the sun and powder them. Use this orange peel powder to scrub your body. To apply on your face, add some milk or milk cream too. Your face starts glowing, dark spots are reduced, and blemishes are treated.
- When dirt, bacteria and soot get in to your skin pores and block them, you get pimples and acne. The citric acid content in oranges makes it an effective treatment for acne. Orange peels are rich in dietary fibers. These fibers help in eliminating toxins and other wastes and also regulate movement of bowels. By removing these wastes, you can get rid of acne.
- The peels of oranges have a natural bleaching property. By using these peels, you can lighten those dark patches. Constant use will even help you get rid of them. The skin cells are protected from the harmful UV radiations of the sun. As such, your face is also protected from suntan. Orange peels are rich in citric acid, which can even cause burns on your skin. So, you must dilute them well before you apply.
- Vitamin C is a very effective anti-ageing agent. The texture of your skin and even the color is improved to a great extent. Collagen is restored with the help of vitamin C, and this helps make your skin firm and tight. Oranges are the best source for this Vitamin C. Moreover, oranges are also rich in a large number of strong antioxidants. They fight against the free radicals. These free radicals deplete he oxygen from the skin cells and make them dull, cause wrinkles and even loosens your skin and cheeks. Calcium is also contained in oxygen, which keeps you face looking younger for long.
- A mask made of orange peel helps extract blackheads on your skin. Make a thick paste by mixing a part of yoghurt and powdered orange peel. Gently use circular motions to apply this on your face. Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. It causes no pain, and is the best natural way to get rid of those stubborn blackheads. Excess oils and dirt are removed, and your akin is made squeaky clean.
- You could make a spray with orange peels, which refreshes your face.
- Pour boiling water on orange peels and leave it for a day. Filter it out and use this as a toner for your skin.
How does Orange Fruit benefit your Hair?
- Make a natural conditioner with orange juice, honey and water. Your hair becomes shiny and healthy.
- Oranges contain Vitamin C, which helps in hair growth. Folic acid, vitamin B, and insonitol are all good for your hair. You get these nutrients when you consume oranges.
- Using the juice of an orange peel helps combat dandruff. Making a pulp of the peel to apply on your scalp is also effective.
You could see how many benefits this tasty fruit has got for you. Try these tips and stay healthy.