Best Homemade Curd Face Packs for Different Skin Types
Summer is the time when you love to have lots of cold drinks, juices and ice teas. It is also a time for consuming curd. Curd helps in keeping your body cool and also provides your body with various essential nutrients. Curd also plays an important role in keeping your skin beautiful and healthy. It has been used for beauty treatments for ages. It contains high amounts of lactic acid, calcium, zinc and other minerals that are good for your skin. It contains live cultures in high amounts, which makes it very beneficial for your health, skin and hair.
Curd is ideal for keeping your digestive system healthy and to help it perform its functions properly. It has lots of skin benefits also. It helps in making your skin bright and is also great for removing sun tan. The bacteria that cause pimples on your face can be removed by applying curd on your face. By paying curd packs on your skin, you can get rid of fine lines and wrinkles on your face as well as dark spots that appear on the skin. This is because curd is a rich source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties too.
Advantages of Applying Curd on Skin and Face:
- Curd can remove stubborn tan on your skin easily and it is also good for treating sunburns.
- Curd helps in clearing the top layer of the skin and thus exposes the glowing skin beneath.
- Curd has anti-aging properties that help in keeping your skin young looking and glowing for a longer period of time.
- By applying curd packs on your skin, you can make your skin brighter.
- Cud is great for keeping your skin well hydrated and moisturized. This way you will get smooth and supple skin.
Curd Face Packs for all Skin Types:
Curd face pack for combination skin:
- Take one teaspoon of curd in a small bowl and add one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to the curd.
- Now add half teaspoon of honey into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and wait for about 15 minutes, so that the pack dries.
- Rinse your face with cool water.
Curd face pack for dry skin:
- Take one teaspoon of curd in a small bowl and add half a teaspoon of honey to it. Honey is excellent for the skin. It helps in keeping your skin well moisturized and hydrated. So, it is ideal for dry skin.
- Now add a teaspoon of chickpea flour in to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well to get a smooth paste. You may add water to get the desired consistency.
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it remain on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now you can wash your face with cool water.
This face pack is considered as on e f the best face packs for dry skin.
Curd face pack for getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles:
- Take 2 teaspoons of curd in a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to it.
- Mix them well and then apply it on your face.
- Wait for about 30 minutes and then you can wash off with lukewarm water.
Curd face pack for oily and acne prone skin:
If you have oily skin that is prone to acne and breakouts, then you can use a face pack made of curd and multani mitti. Take one teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and 1 teaspoon of hung curd in a bowl. You can make hung curd at home. It is very simple to make. Take a muslin cloth and put 2 teaspoons of curd into it. The curd should be made at home. Tie the cloth and hang the cloth for about 2 hours. This helps in removing the excess of water from the curd. Add rose water to hung curd and multani miiti, and mix well to get a smooth paste. If you have an acne prone skin, add one teaspoon of neem powder also to the mixture. Neem is well known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties of neem powder help in reducing and preventing pimples on your face.
Apply this face pack all over your face and wait for about 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. With regular use you can remove pimples and acne and have a fresh and radiant skin.
Curd face pack for sensitive skin:
Curd is good for sensitive skin also.
- Take half of a ripe banana and mash it well with a spoon or fork. Make sure that no lumps are there.
- Add one teaspoon of curd and gram flour to this mashed banana. Add one teaspoon of egg white also to the mashed banana.
- Now you have to mix all these ingredients with cold water, so that you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this face pack all over your face and wait till the pack dries. Now you can wash off with cool water.
Curd face packs for sunburns:
- Take 3 tablespoons of curd and add 4 to 5 drops of chamomile essential oil to it.
- Mix them well and apply this on the affected areas of the skin.
- Rub gently for a few minutes and wait for 15 minutes.
- Now you can rinse off with water.
Curd face pack for skin whitening and tan removal:
- Take 1 teaspoon of curd in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of oatmeal powder to it.
- To this you have to add 1 teaspoon of gram flour and then mix all the ingredients well. This will give you a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and then rub your face gently with your finger tips in circular motions.
- Let it stay on your face for 15 minutes. Then wash off with cool water.