Best Natural Herbal Remedies to Cure Common Ailments
It is not necessary that you pop a pill for every ailment. Many people do not go to the doctor because they prescribe pills. If you are one among them, this article will be very beneficial for you. Below are given some natural remedies that can cure common ailments. These remedies cannot cure grave and complex issues, but they can provide your relief from some of the simple and easily treatable ailments.
How to Cure Common Ailments?
- If you have body ache, soak your body in a tub of warm water with generous amounts of bath salts. You can add Epsom salt and some of your favourite essential oils. It can relax your muscles and provide you relief.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and mix it with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this on your joints and other areas where there is inflammation. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Using this regularly will give you relief from chronic pains.
For minor bruises you can try these remedies.
- First of all run the bruised area under cold water. If you have iced chamomile tea with you it is better.
- Now apply some aloe vera gel to soothe the skin and to reduce swelling. The inflammatory properties of aloe vera help in reducing the redness and swelling on the skin.
- You may also use wet and cool tea bags on the bruise instead of aloe vera.
Burning in the gut:
- Take a spoonful of fenugreek seeds and soak it in water. Grind the seeds to get a paste and then add this paste to a glass of buttermilk. Having this 2 to 3 times a day will give you relief.
- Boil one cup of water with a teaspoon of fennel seeds and then strain the liquid. Sip this tea. This will reduce acidity. You may also chew a teaspoon of fennel seeds every day after a meal.
- Another remedy is to add a teaspoon of salt to pineapple juice and drink it every time your stomach burns because of excessive acid production.
- Take a shower with super hot water. The steam will helps in clearing your nostrils. You can also inhale steam with essential oils.
- Take a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a clean cloth inhale it several times
- Sip herbal teas many times a day. This can clear blocked nostrils and provide you relief. Herbal teas also have the ability to boost your immunity power.
- Soak the finger in mouth wash for 10 to 15 minutes until the infection is under control.
- You can also apply coconut oil on the affected finger as it is known to have antifungal properties.
- Take half a lemon and squeeze it to get the juice. Allow it to work on the infection for about 15 minutes and then rinse your finger in lukewarm water. Continue doing this every day till the infection goes off.
Itchy and flaky scalp:
- Take a generous amount of tea tree oil in your palm and apply it on your scalp. Massage well and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Then wash your hair with a mild and natural shampoo.
- Take some walnut oil and apply it on your scalp. Massage your scalp well with the oil and wait for some time. Then wash your hair as usual to get rid of dandruff. Walnut leaves are known to be very effective for reducing itching of the scalp and the dandruff.
Suffering from constipation?
- Sit on the toilet seat and do a simple torso twist.
- Take a generous amount of castor oil and rub it around your navel in a clockwise motion.
- Take some apple cider vinegar in a glass, dilute it with water, and drink it. This is a natural laxative.
- If you are sitting on a western-style toilet, lift your heels and sit on your toes while bending at an angle of 45 degrees forward. This can help you poop easily. If possible, it is better to go to the Indian toilet when you have constipation.
- Chew 5 or 6 leaves of the holy basil twice a day.
- Add chopped garlic in water and boil it for five minutes. Now strain it and add a little of honey to the liquid, and drink it before you go to bed. Continue to have it until your sneezing stops.
- Inhale the aroma of garlic till you get relief form sneezing.
That nasty headache:
Are you suffering from frequent headaches? Here is how you can treat it:
- Crush some mint leaves and extract the juice. Apply this juice on the temples and forehead. Mint contains menthol and menthone, which help in reducing headaches. Menthol gives a cooling effect instantly when you apply it. This makes mint effective for reducing headache.
- You can also massage the five pressure points to get instant relied form those nagging headaches.
- In between the eyebrows.
- The point 5 mm from the tip of the hairline.
- To get the fourth point you have to gather your hair above your ears as you do when you tie your hair in a pony. Now part your hair right in the middle. The centre point of your head where you have parted your hair and the pony sits is the fourth pressure point.
- The right and left extremes just above the nape and below the two bones behind the ears.
- Dip a cotton ball in alcohol and massage your gums with it. The antimicrobial properties of alcohol help in preventing the microbes from multiplying and give you instant relief.
- Chew a raw onion and let the juice work on the affected area. Onion helps in reducing the infection and pain because of its antiseptic properties.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper and then mix the mixture with a few drops of water. Apply this mixture on your tooth where you have pain.