Benefits and Advantages of Turmeric for Skin, Hair and Health
Turmeric is a very popular Indian spice that has been in use since ages for it medicinal and healing properties. It works like magic for your skin, hair, and health. It has therapeutic properties, which make it an effective herbal remedy with no side effects. Read on to know about a few ways in which it can benefit you.
Benefits of Turmeric for your Skin:
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties in turmeric fight pimples and acne. Oil secretion is controlled, and your skin glows. Make a face pack using turmeric, sandalwood powder, and lemon juice for best effects.
Mix besan and turmeric with water, milk, or yogurt, to apply on your face. Rub well after it dries off, and scrub your face in circular motion. Wash off with lukewarm water. This eliminates all signs of ageing.
Mix Aloe Vera gel and turmeric and make a paste. It soothes your burns and heals the wound.
Mix turmeric with 3 spoons of coconut oil or castor oil to apply on cracked heels 10 minutes before your bath. It heals them and makes them soft. Use this procedure on a regular basis.
Mix an egg, olive oil, lemon juice, rose water, and turmeric to make a face mask perfect for dry skin. Apply it on your face, elbows, knees, and neck.
Mix gram flour and turmeric in water to apply on your body. Scrubbing with it gently gets rid of dead skin cells, and makes your skin soft and glowing. Dry and chapped lips are treated using a mixture of turmeric and milk. Apply it on your face to cleanse your skin and make it glow.
Mix chickpea flour and kasturi turmeric to scrub your face. It controls facial hair if used regularly for a month.
Make a mask with turmeric and yogurt or milk. Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. It makes your skin healthy and beautiful. Another option is to add some turmeric to your moisturizer and apply overnight. Use the treatment twice a week.
Turmeric regulates the production of an oily substance called sebum. Sandalwood is an astringent, and orange juice removes blemishes. Mix the ingredients to make the perfect face pack for oily skin. Apply and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
Eczema, psoriasis, poison ivy and other skin issues are treated by applying a mixture of turmeric and milk. Redness and inflammation are also controlled. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic, and hence is very effective in treatment.
Use the same paste as above to apply on your stretch marks and lighten them.
Tanning and Pigmentation:
Mix lemon or cucumber juice with turmeric and apply on the affected area. Wash off after 20 minutes. When done regularly, it treats pigmentation and tanning.
Mix turmeric, rice powder, tomato juice, and raw milk powder to make a face pack that removes fine line and wrinkles, and brighten your skin. To remove dark circles, apply a paste of turmeric and buttermilk for 20 minutes.
Benefits of Turmeric for your Hair:
Apply turmeric and olive oil on your scalp before a bath to treat dandruff and other problems. Let it stay for 15 minutes, and use a mild shampoo to wash off. Blood circulation in your scalp is increased, and the hair follicles are nourished.
Turmeric brightens the color of your hair. Combine with saffron, calendula and chamomile tea to boil and pour on your head after cooling. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Use turmeric in honey and milk to treat hair loss, which happens due to the presence of TGF beta one. It is this component that kills the hair follicles, and causes hair fall. A component called curcumin in turmeric inhibits the growth of TGF beta one.
Dermatitis, eczema, fungal infections, and all sclp diseases are cured by using turmeric. It has antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties, which combat all the issues. Itchy, flaky skin and skin inflammations are controlled. Your hair follicles become healthy, and breakage of hair is controlled.
Benefits of Turmeric for your Health:
- Cancer and childhood leukemia are prevented. Turmeric contains curcumin as the main component, which prevents these issues.
- The liver is detoxified, to prevent risk of acquiring jaundice, cirrhosis, and hepatitis.
- Weight is managed effectively by using turmeric. It aids in fat metabolism, and improves digestion, reduces bloating, and controls gas.
- It helps control menstruation cramps in women. Take turmeric extracts for 2 weeks before the beginning of the cycle to reduce pain. Take it twice daily.
- Turmeric has got anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic properties, which make it a good healing agent.
- The anti-oxidant properties of turmeric fight against free radicals in the body. This makes your immune system stronger.
- Rheumatoid arthritis can be controlled by using turmeric. It has anti-inflammatory properties that heal the pain and even delay the development of the disease.
- Joint pains can be effectively treated by using turmeric. Take turmeric as supplements for this purpose.
- Turmeric has got strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties control inflation in the brain. Inflation is the main reason for Alzheimer’s disease, and hence the onset of the disease can be effectively delayed in this manner.
- The homo-cysteine levels in the body can be regulated by turmeric. The interactions of turmeric with the level control the level of cholesterol in the body. Cholesterol control means cardiovascular diseases can be effectively prevented.
- The level of insulin in the body is controlled by using turmeric. As such, it effectively helps in controlling diabetes.
Now that you know how beneficial turmeric can prove to be, use it to treat all your ailments and stay healthy.