Best Home treatment for Acne and Pesky Pimples
Till the other day your face was blemish less. Then what the heck actually happened to you overnight? You might wonder! A sudden spot of acne has taken the luster away from your face and dented your confidence. Well with the onset of puberty period comes the common problem of acne, medically known as ACNE VULGARIS. This disorder can be quite distressing because it is small, red, inflamed bumps on our skin, predominantly on your face. “It’s like a black dot on a white paper- Everyone looks for the black dot only, no one recognizes the white paper” Likewise you face too, only your acne shines bright.
Image Credits cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo
Such a condition appears when excess oil on your skin combines with dead skin cells, dirt, bacteria and eventually clogs the pores. The problem is mainly attributed to hereditary and hormonal problems. In addition Environmental pollution, Stress, Humidity, Usage of oil based cosmetics and certain harmful medications are to be blamed.
Though there cannot be any treatment which guarantees 100% results straight away, some home remedies can be highly beneficial in treating acne naturally if implemented the right way.
NOTE: Before applying these remedies make sure to wash your hands properly and please remove the entire make up and clear you skin.
Let us first see about some homemade face packs.
Facepack-1: (Cinnamon-honey face pack)
- Honey- 5 tablespoons
- Baking soda- 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon- Half
- Take a bowl with 5 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the mixture.
- Also squeeze the juice of half a lemon.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly and apply the face pack and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Facepack-2: (Oatmeal honey face pack)
- Cooked oatmeal- 1 cup
- Honey- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon- half.
- Take a cup of cooked oatmeal.
- Mix honey with it.
- Squeeze lemon juice into it.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly and rub the facepack against your face and then leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Facepack-3: (Fuller’s earth face pack)
- Fuller’s earth(Multani mitti)
- Sandalwood powder
- rose water
- Take equal proportions of fuller’s earth (Multani mitti in India) and Sandalwood powder.
- Mix it with some rosewater.
- Apply the pack to the face and wash it out after it dries.
Now that you have seen some face packs which effectively work on acne, we shall move onto some effective Acne treatments that are proven:
1) Baking Soda – This method is easy and effective. Mix equal amounts of water and baking soda and apply it on your acne. Make a note to apply only on the acne but not the whole face. Use a cotton swab or a Q-Tip to apply.
2) Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is the king of citric acid. Citric acid works bacteria that cause acne. Cut a lemon and apply the juice on the acne. It gives a stinging sensation which means that it is working.
3) Raw Potato – Raw potato is anti-inflammatory. Cut a potato into half and rub on your acne. Clean the residue after it dries out.
4) Cold Ice – Cold ice can be a acne saver. Rub a good piece of cold ice onto your face for 5-10 minutes. It helps to clean your pores and likely reduces inflammation.
5) Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil is antifungal, antibacterial and is herbal remedy. It is good for mild acne. Studies have proved that it is effective and gives the same results as benzoyl peroxide.
You had the best remedies on town. These are all tested methods. Anyhow it is WARNED to check for allergies or health status.
Common Tips for dealing with acne:
- Wash the affected area with oil free cleanser and warm water two times a day or more as it is a well known fact that clean face keeps the acne away. While cleaning just massage your skin and don’t scrub.
- Do not pop or squeeze your pimples; in fact do not touch your face now and then as it may spread the bacteria and dirt.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and always eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Keep yourself from junk food. Studies show that who drink more than 6 liters of water a day is less prone to acne than those who don’t.
- Get plenty of sleep every day. Sleep reduces stress and that reduces acne. It is during sleep when all the dead skin cells get repaired.
Okay, now the acne has vanished. Don’t think that you are free from acne in the future. You might if you don’t take precautions suggested.
Good Luck for a Acne free face.