Neck Wrinkles – Causes – How to Prevent Them Naturally?
As you age, it is the neck area that shows the first signs of aging. Wrinkles start appearing on the neck and the skin also starts to sag. Many women may have a clear and flawless face but when you look at their necks, you can see the skin showing signs of aging. So it is important that you take proper care of your skin and protect it from wrinkles and other such problems.
One of the best ways to reduce signs of aging is to increase the elasticity of the skin on the neck area, so that the skin here remains tight, without any wrinkles. Just like the skin on your face, the skin on the skin on the neck area is also sensitive and you need to take care of it in the proper way.
While following the daily skin care routine at home, remember to include some neck care routine also. There are also surgical methods and medical treatments to get a skin that is firm and young looking. Many of the celebrities follow these methods to maintain a youthful skin. However, the best remedy is to take care of your skin from a young age only, by using natural methods. This way you will have a beautiful and flawless skin that is firm and without wrinkles a you get older.
What Causes Wrinkles in the Neck Area?
Pollution, smoke and cigarettes:
The pollution is increasing every year and it is very hard prevent it from harming our health and the skin. Pollution and smoke have a great role in damaging the skin. When you are young, your skin has the ability to neutralize these free radicals. But with age, the neutralizing power of the skin is reduced and as a result your skin gets easily damaged. Smoking cigarettes is also very harmful for the skin. Those who are heavy smokers are more prone to skin damage and their skin shows the signs of aging at a much early stage than the nonsmokers.
Sun is also responsible for various skin problems. Sun is good for you and you need to get sunlight on your body for a healthy body. It provides Vitamin D for the body. So, sunlight is needed for a healthy bone growth. But your skin gets damaged when it is exposed to the sunlight. This is one of the main reasons for the premature aging of the skin. So it is necessary that you protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun as you go out in the sun. This you can do by applying a good sunscreen lotion on your face, neck and other parts of your body that are exposed. Sunlight removes the elasticity of the skin and your skin can never get back to its previous shape. As a result wrinkles, laugh lines and age spots appear on your skin.
How to Reduce Neck Wrinkles by Following a Healthy Lifestyle:
- Try to avoid your skin from getting exposed to the sun. This way you can protect your skin from getting damaged by the UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- You must take care not to expose your skin to cigarette smokes or any other smokes.
- When you do your daily workout, remember to add some good neck exercises s well.
- Remember to always keep your head straight and your chin up.
- Water is very important for your skin. So, drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. This will keep your skin firm and well hydrated.
- Exfoliate your skin one in a week. This will remove dead cells and dirt and keep your skin smooth and fresh. Use a gentle non-abrasive exfoliant as the neck area is very delicate.
- Consuming oily fish is good for your skin. Fish like salmon or mackerel contains omega 3 fatty acids, which increases the production of collagen and rejuvenates your skin. You can also take fish oil supplements daily.
- Never use a high pillow when you sleep. This has adverse effects on your smooth skin. Try to keep the angle between your neck and the face to the maximum. You can use a tiny pillow instead of the large one.
- Cut some potato slices and keep them on your neck. This helps in detoxifying the skin on the neck area and also cleanses the pores.
- At night, before you go to sleep, apply a good quality anti wrinkle cream on your neck. This will prevent the wrinkles from appearing on your neck.
- Visit your dermatologist and ask him about the Retin-A-creams. These creams are very effective in slowing down the aging process of the skin.
[Also Read: Facial Packs for Wrinkles]
Neck Exercises to Prevent Turkey Neck:
- Jut out your chin and move forward your lower jaw. Repeat this exercise ten times.
- Stand straight and look straight ahead in front of you. Now look up on the ceiling and remain in this position for 5 seconds. Slowly get back to your starting position. Do this 20 times.
- Form an ‘O’ with your mouth and pull, down the sides of your mouth so that you feel a tension on the muscles underneath your neck. Repeat three times in a succession. This way you can do 20 times, in sets of three.
- Keep your mouth open and then pronounce the vowels from A to U without ever closing your mouth. Do this ten times.
- Press the tip of your tongue to your palate and keep it for a few seconds. Do this as many times in a day as you can.
- Place your lower lip over your top lip for a few seconds and then release. Do this ten times.
By following the tips given above from an early age, you can slow down the process of aging of the skin and prevent wrinkles from appearing on the neck area. If you already have wrinkles on your neck, you can rely on a good anti-wrinkle cream or Retin-A- cream for getting rid of the wrinkles. You may also consult your dermatologist and take his advice. By using these medications you can get rid of them. Maintain the skin properly to prevent these wrinkles from appearing again.