Full Body TRX Workout Exercises List for Beginners
TRX suspension trainer is an equipment created by a Navy SEAL. It has a range of applications and is used by military professionals, athletes and fitness trainers. This is a wonderful system and helps in giving r body a complete workout and is it is also fun.
What is TRX Suspension Training?
TRX stands for Total Body Resistance Exercise. This workout system uses gravity and body weight to provide resistance for hundreds of exercises. The equipment, TRX Workout Suspension Trainer, consists of two adjustable nylon bands. The ends of these bands are attached to sturdy handles. The other ends of these bands are attached to an immovable anchor. This equipment can support up to 1400 pounds.
Best TRX Workout Exercises:
TRX Bicep Curls:
This is good for your biceps and triceps.
- Stand facing the handles and catch each handle with each of your hands. Lowe your body till you make a 60 degree angle with the floor.
- Keep your feet firmly on the floor and your hand straight, extended in front of you.
- Now curl your arms towards your chest as you push yourself upwards.
- Straighten your arms and get back to the original position.
TRX lunge helps in providing a good workout for your quadriceps and glutes. At the same time, it also uses your core muscles to keep you balanced on one leg. Follow the instructions given below to do it the right way.
- Stand in front of the TEX trainer with your back towards it. Keep an arm’s length gap between you and the bands.
- Now you have to put your left foot on the handle and make sure that it is firmly placed there.
- Lunge by bending your right knee. Remember to keep your knee above your heels.
- You can do this 15 times and change sides.
TRX Mountain Climbers:
This is a total body cardio movement and it gets more intensified by the suspension as most of your weight is borne by your arms. It can heat your entire body and elevate your heart rate.
- Get into the plank position and place your feet on the handle. Keep your spine straight.
- Staying in this position, bend your right knee and bring it towards the elbow, now straighten that leg and at the same time bend your left knee.
- You can do this for 15 to 20 seconds, alternating your legs, and then relax.
TRX Oblique Pike:
Oblique pikes are good for your oblique muscles and for toning the love handles. This along with the stabilizing action f the core muscles is one of the best for training your core. Given below are the directions for doing this exercise.
- To do this exercise, you have to get into the plank and put your feet into the suspended handles.
- Now keep your legs together and try to lift your hips and butt towards the ceiling.
- Try to draw your feet towards your left side and crunch your left oblique.
- Now return to the centre and back to the plank.
This is an excellent core strengthening and butt lifting move. In this move most of your weight is held by your arms. So, it is also good for strengthening your arms also.
- Get into the plank position and keep your feet in the handles
- Now you can bend your knees and bring them towards your chest.
- Shift your chins and try to reach your armpits with your knees.
- Do this 15 to 29 times, alternating the sides.
TRX Push ups:
TRX push up is effective for your biceps, triceps and your core. In this exercise your feet are suspended. This helps in intensifying the traditional push ups and provides a total body toning. Here are the directions you can follow:
- Get in to the plank. Now put your feet one by one on into the suspended handles.
- You have to keep your hands under your shoulders and your body straight.
- Now bend your elbows and press down into a push-up.
- Next you can straighten your elbows and push up into the plank.
TRX Suspended Push up:
This variation of push-ups is great for your shoulders and the chest, as well as your lats. This move is an advanced one. So you should attempt it only after you have tried the normal push ups with good TRX workout.
- To do this exercise, you have to stand facing away from the anchor and hold the handles in your hands in front of your chest. Your arms should be extended straight in front of you.
- Now lower your chest towards the handles in a push-up movement. As you do this move, you have to keep your back and knees straight.
- You can then get back to the original position.
TRX Single leg Pull ups:
This body movement helps in making your back, shoulders, core, arms, legs and butt stronger.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Now you have to lift yourself up on your hands and knees, and slowly extend one and then the other arm and grab the handles.
- Next you have to lift one leg up in the air and keep your knee straight.
- Pull yourself up by bending your elbows and lower down.
- You can do this 10 times and change your legs for the next set.
TRX Side Plank Dips:
This is good for toning your oblique muscles and to slim down your waistline.
- Get to a side plank on your forearm and place your feet into the suspended handles one by one.
- Dip your hip to the floor and push up into the starting position.
- You can do this 15 times on each side.
TRX single-leg squat:
This is good for strengthening your thighs and butts.
- Face the anchor and stand at an arm’s length from the handles.
- Now grab the handles by extending your arms in front of you.
- Lift one leg and squat with the other leg. You should go as slow as possible for you.
- Straighten without lowering the lifted leg on the floor. You can do this 10 times.
- Do the alternate side also 10 times.