How to Use a Hair Straightener without Damaging Hair
Do you love to have straight hair? If so, you can have it by using a hair straightener. You need not even go to a salon to have your hair straightened. Just by using a hair straightener you can straighten your hair sitting comfortably at home. Modern technology has introduced some trendiest flat iron straighteners. They are user-friendly and very effective. These allow you to sit at home and have stylish straight hair according to your preference. However, if you have never used a hair straightener before, you may face some difficulties when you use it. It is not as simple as it looks. So, if you are a beginner, follow the tips given below on how to use hair straightener at home. This will allow you to use it the correct way and prevent any damage that it may cause to your hair due to incorrect use.
How to Get Your Hair Ready for Straightening?
It is important that you prepare your hair first before you use hair straightener at home, and make your hair ready for the straightening. The pollution from the environment, use of various hair styling products on your hair and dirt can make your hair frizzy and unmanageable. So, make sure that you wash and clean your hair thoroughly before you apply the straightener. When your hair is manageable and in good condition, it becomes easy to straighten your hair and you hair responds well to the straightening process. Moreover, when your hair is clean and healthy, any harm that can be caused to your hair is greatly reduced.
The shampoo that you use before straightening your hair should be able to hydrate and nourish your hair well. This will help in making your hair soft and suitable for using the flat iron. You have to dry your hair properly before you apply the flat iron on your hair. You should never use flat iron on wet hair.
Choosing a hair straightener:
It is very important to choose the right type of hair straightener for your hair. When you look for a hair straightener in the market, you may be amazed to see various brands of hair straighteners. So, make sure that you choose the right one for your hair. Try to buy a good quality product, as using bad product can cause harm to your hair. Sometimes the harm caused can lead to permanent damage of your hair. So, t is very important that you select the right product.
Among different types of hair straighteners, flat irons are considered to be the best ones. They can be a little expensive than the other types of hair straighteners, but they are safe to use on your hair and do not cause any harm to your hair if used in the correct way. When you buy them, try to choose on that has a ceramic coating. This product is gentle on your hair and causes least harm. It also makes your hair look healthy and provides extra shine to your hair.
Choosing the right size of hair straightener is also very important. An ideal size for flat iron ranges between 1” to 1.5” wide. Irons that have 2 plates or more than 2 plates are best for using on your hair. They are good for all lengths of hair.
Hair Straightening Tips at Home:
Once you have chosen the right hair straightener and prepared your hair for the straightening, you can apply the hair straightener on your hair. Applying a hair straightener at home is not a very difficult task. Below is given a step-by-step guide that will help you to use it properly.
- First of all, wash your hair with a good conditioning shampoo. Now blow-dry your hair. If you have thick and frizzy hair, you should use a smoothing and conditioning shampoo on your hair. You can use a volumizing shampoo if your hair is thin. This will give volume to your hair. Use a towel to dry your hair after washing with shampoo. Follow this with the blow dry. When you dry your hair, remember to do it from the roots to the tips. After drying your hair, comb your hair well and detangle unmanageable hairs. This is the first step of hair straightening.
- Once you have combed your hair well, you have to apply a heat protection spray on your hair. This will hive protection to your hair from the extreme heat of the flat iron that you use on your hair. You should never compromise with this step. Make sure that you buy a good quality product for this. Never choose a cheaper product as it can lead to damage of your hair. When you apply it on your hair, try to avoid applying the serum on the hair roots as it can make your hair greasy. Heat protection is very important if you are looking for a hassle-free straightening.
- When you make your hair ready for straightening, you have to divide your hair into layers, strands and sections. This way you will be able to apply the hair straighten to each part of your hair equally.
- Set the iron into the correct temperature. The temperature of the hair straightener mainly depends on the length of your hair. You can check the manual guide and decide the correct temperature you need for your hair.
- Start straightening your hair after leaving an inch from the root. When you straighten your hair, make sure that you do one layer at a time. This way you can repeat the method for each of the strands and layers.
- If you see any sizzle or steam at the hair, you have to stop the process immediately.
So, try hair straightening at home by following the tips given above and see how beautiful your hair looks.