How to do Golden Bridge Yoga: Meditation and Benefits
Yoga includes warm up exercises, pranayama, asanas, meditation and so on. Yoga has been practiced in ancient India and is carried to the modern world as well. It is an excellent way to stay fit and healthy. It relaxes you and rejuvenates you so that you remain fresh and energetic throughout the day. It is important that you practice yoga under a qualified yoga teacher before you start doing it on your own. This way you will learn to do it in the proper way.
If you are looking for a different style of yoga, Golden Bridge Yoga is the perfect one. This yoga will surely provide a change in your life style. Golden Bridge is a community that has been designed and developed for daily yoga practice. Golden bridge also prepares one for a special day like the child birth. Golden bridge provides more than 60 classes per week. These classes are taken by highly experienced teachers. A number of workshops and special events are also conducted. The students in Golden Bridge are offered very inspiring classes and a completely yogic life style.
The Golden bridge community believes that ‘happiness is the birth right of all individuals’. In this system of yoga the Kundalini method is also included.
Golden Bridge Yoga Poses:
Here are the prominent golden bridge yoga asanas, which you can do at home.
- Stand straight on the floor and move your feet, so that they are 4 inches apart from each other.
- Now place your palms on your hips and move your right foot to the right side to an angle of 90 degree. Similarly, turn your left foot also to the right side to an angle of 50 degree.
- You have to rotate your right thigh in the pouter direction.
- Bend your body downwards from your hips.
- Bring down your head and let it touch the outer side of the calf muscles on the right leg.
- Keep your hands at your back and your fingers interlocked.
- Relax your body and get back to the original position.
Image credits: wikimedia
- Stand on the floor with your spine straight and your head held high.
- Keep your legs in such a way that they are 4 inches apart from each other.
- Rise up your arms.
- Now you have to rotate your left foot in the inward direction towards the right side.
- Next you have to turn your right thigh on the outer side such that your right leg forms a right angle.
- Take your left hand up and stretch it towards your right hand side.
- Then repeat it on the other side also. Relax.
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Keep your legs straight on the floor.
- Next you have to lift your buttocks slightly and move your hands below the buttocks, so that they rest on your hands.
- Lift up your chest and upper body slightly from the floor in the upward direction so that your face rests on the crown of your head.
- Stand in a kneeling position on the floor.
- Now you have to move your thighs inwards.
- Place you palms on your hips. When you place them on your hips, make sure that your fingers point towards the floor.
- Lift your chest and the upper body in the upward direction and at the same time lower your arms a little so that you can bend your body backwards.
- Next you have to try and place your hands on the floor. Make sure that your palms are placed on the ground.
- Next you have to lift your hands and keep your hands on your feet, holding the feet with your hands.
- Look in the upward direction.
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation:
In a yoga session, meditation has a very important part. It is way to help a person relax completely. It relaxes and refreshes the body s well as the mind and the soul. The concept of meditation is same everywhere, but the way it is practiced in each place differs. Here is a simple way to meditate at home.
- Sit down in a calm and quiet place at your home, where you are comfortable and not disturbed by any external factors. Sit in a cross-legged position that is comfortable for you.
- After sitting cross-legged, put your hands in Drona mudra. In Drona mudra you have to keep your hands o your knees. Remember to place your hands in such a way that your palms face downwards, resting on your knees.
- When you meditate, choose a proper yoga mat. Once you have settled properly in cross-legged position and placed your hands in Drona mudra, you can start meditating. To start meditating, you have to close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing.
- When you inhale and exhale, do it deeply.
- After concentrating on your breathing, you can move ahead and concentrate on your whole body.
- Keep your eyes closed all the time and try to visualize your body.
- Feel the energy that is created by your body surrounding you. Feel this energy entering your heart with full strength.
- Next you have to imagine seeing a white light flowing out of your body from your head and entering your heart. Stay for about 15 to 20 minutes in this deep meditative state.
- Now relax.
- Let the energy that was generated by you enter your body through your eyes. Now open your eyes slowly and observe and feel the surroundings.
Practice Golden Bridge yoga daily at home and see how it brings a change in the way you live.