Homemade Oatmeal Face Packs for Glowing Skin
A beautiful and healthy skin means half your problem is over. We all crave for the perfect skin, which is well hydrated, smooth and glowing. Oatmeal is one of the best foods that keep your body healthy and free from various diseases. Oatmeal is also wonderful for your skin. It is a blessing in disguise for the skin and is an excellent remedy for various skin problems. It has great skin care properties because it has the best amino acid balance, which is the best among all cereal grains. It is also rich in silica, which can retain the natural moisture of the skin.
Oatmeal is suitable for all types of skin and can be used for cleansing, exfoliating as well as to soften and soothe your skin. No reactions are caused by oats and they are said to be good for healing dry and itchy skin. You can use oats to soothe the skin and to get relief from skin irritations caused due to rashes, poison ivy, insect bites, abrasions and so on. Even the discomforts felt on the skin by chicken pox are eased with oatmeal.
DIY Oatmeal Facial Masks or Packs:
Oatmeal face pack for dry skin:
The presence of vitamin E in oatmeal helps in soothing the dry skin. Honey is a natural moisturizer and keeps your skin well moisturized and supple. You can also add some milk to this pack. Milk will give a glow to your face.
- 2 tablespoons of medium to fine ground oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of raw milk
- Take the oatmeal that is powdered in a small bowl. See that no lumps are there in the oatmeal powder. Add honey and mix well. Now add enough milk to get the consistency that you heed. It should not be too thick or too thin in consistency. Now the pack is ready to apply on your face.
- Apply this face pack on your face, except the eyes and the lips. Wait for about 15 minutes so that the pack gets dry naturally on your face. Once it is dry, you can wash your face with water. You will see that your skin has become softer and well moisturized. Use this pack daily or when you require it. With regular use f this pack you will have a soft and supple skin that is well moisturized.
Oatmeal face pack with tomato for normal and oily skin:
- 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
- 1 small tomato
- Get a puree of tomato by blending it well in a blender. Now take the oatmeal in a bowl and mix the tomato puree to it to get a smooth paste with no lumps. Add only enough tomato puree that is required for getting the desired consistency. If too much of the puree is added, the paste you get may drip as you apply it on your face. So make sure that it is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Apply this on your face and wait for about 10 minutes. Now wash off with water. Tomato is a good oil absorbent and also helps in reducing the tan on your face. The fiber present in oatmeal absorbs all the excess oil on your face, so that your face is fresh and oil free.
Oatmeal face pack with lemon for oily skin:
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- Juice taken from half of a lemon
- Olive oil
- Take the oatmeal in a bowl and mix it with lemon juice. Now add olive oil so that you get a moist paste. Do not make the paste too loose that it drips when you apply it o your face.
- Apply this face pack on your face and wait for 10 minutes. Now you can wash it off with cold water. The lemon juice helps in getting rid of all the oil on your face while the olive oil makes your skin smooth and nourished.
Oatmeal face pack with milk for Acne Treatment:
- Two tablespoons of oatmeal
- Water or milk to cook oatmeal
- You can cook oatmeal in water if you have an oily skin and if your skin is normal or dry, you may cook it in milk. To cook it, you have to take water or milk that is twice the amount of oatmeal you take. Cook in a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes till the oats are soft and well cooked.
- Apply this on your face on the acne affected areas while the cooked oats are still warm, but not hot that it may burn your skin. Wash off with tepid water after 10 to 15 minutes. Pat dry your face. You will get significant results if you use it regularly.
Oatmeal face pack with curd to reduce skin pores:
- 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoon of curd
- Mix oats and curd to get a smooth paste of the required consistency.
- Apply this on your face. You can also apply it only on areas where there are large open pores. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes so that the face pack becomes dry. Wash with cold water and pat dry your face.
Oatmeal face pack for balanced skin:
This pack exfoliates your skin as well as keeps it well moisturized.
- Two tablespoons oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons of full cream milk, raw if possible
- 2 tablespoons of kaolin clay or multani mitti
- Lemon juice
- One mashed avocado
- Ten almonds
- Mix all the ingredients together to get a smooth paste.
- Apply on your face and wait for 20 minutes so that it starts to get dry. Dip a cotton cloth in cold milk and wipe it off. Now you can wash your face with cold water. Pat dry your face. Apply a light moisturizer. Doing this once a week will give you a clear and smooth skin with a healthy glow.