Incredible Benefits and Uses of drinking coconut water for health, skin and hair
Coconut water is sweet in taste and is beneficial for your health, hair and skin as well. This is one of those natural health drinks that can be consumed by anybody and everybody across all age group. You can either apply it to utilize its benefits or consume it so that it can do its work internally. If you compare it with any other fruit juice or sport juice, then you will see that the sugar content in the coconut water is much less. If you want to take some beverage on a summer day then you cannot get anything better than the coconut water. If you are out in the sun for a long time then you can take some coconut water instead of anything else and you will be highly protected from dehydration. It is a good source to prevent acidity too.
There is a long list of benefits that you can derive from coconut water and they are listed below –
- Reduces hypertension – You will get high content of potassium in coconut water, which promotes emission of water out of our body thus helping in reducing hypertension.
- Acts as a moisturizer – If you are facing problem of oily skin, then coconut water is the best form of moisturizer you can use. It will moisturize your skin without making it oily.
- Helps in weight loss – If you are trying to lose that extra kilo then you can have some coconut water during your snacks time. It actually kills the craving for food, thus helping you in reducing weight.
- Prevents muscle cramps – The deficiency of potassium leads to muscle cramps, but as coconut water has ample amount of potassium in it therefore it prevents muscle cramps from happening.
- Helpful for patients –the contents of coconut water help in overcoming the effects of antibiotics and other drugs, thus absorbing the drugs easily in the body of the patient.
- Prevents bloating – Coconut water minimizes flatulence and also helps in preventing bloating too.
- Good for healthy bones – It is rich in calcium therefore making your bones healthy and strong. Even the muscles and tissues have benefited from this too.
- Helps diabetic patients – The blood circulation is improved as the blood vessels are widened when you consume coconut water daily, thus helping the diabetic patients.
- Prevents infection – Coconut water has anti-bacterial properties, thus helping in preventing infection from happening.
- Good for preventing hair loss – If you are suffering from hair loss then coconut water can help you as it improves blood circulation in the scalp, strengthens the hair follicles thus increasing hair density.
- Boost proper circulation – Coconut water boosts proper circulation in the body that allows the skin to inhale lots of oxygen which is healthy thus promoting a flawless complexion.
- Good for unborn babies – The levels of the amniotic fluid are boosted and not only that the health of the unborn babies is also improved. So, it is advisable that all pregnant women must have coconut water daily to help proper growth of baby in their womb.
- Risk of kidney stones reduced – If you consume coconut water daily then you will be getting minerals, Magnesium and potassium in ample amount which reduces the risk of the stones in the kidney.
- Good for shiny hair – The food of hair are the Vitamin K and Iron. Coconut water is filled with these two nutrients in ample amount thus having coconut water helps in keeping your hair shiny and it will also feel soft.
- Helps in getting rid of dandruff and itchy scalp – Coconut water is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties therefore it helps in getting rid of dandruff problem. If you are suffering from problems of lice or itchy scalp then you can take care of these problems with the help of coconut water. If any of these problems persisting then the growth of hair also gets affected so it is better that you take care of it at an initial stage so that it doesn’t pose any serious threat to your hair.
- Tame your unruly hair – Having problem with unruly hair then you can take care of your unruly hair with the help of coconut water. If you massage your hair with coconut water prior to taking a bath, then you will be able to tame your unruly hair and make it manageable and smooth too.
- Prevents breakage of hair – The Laurie acid present in coconut water provides conditioning, which protects the root of the hair and also shields the proteins of your hair. As the root of your hair is protected thus it stops hair breakage.
- Good source of B-Complex Vitamins – The coconut water is filled with B-complex Vitamins like Niacin, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, Thiamin and Folate. All these properties help in reducing the stress, depression and anxiety, helping you to relax.
- Helps in reducing blemishes and age-signs – If you apply coconut water every night on the affected place before going to bed then it will help you reduce the age spots, wrinkles, acne, cellulite, eczema and even the stretch marks too. When you apply it on the mark, then it will do its work overnight, making your skin soft and the scar will be diminished in no time.
- Minimizes the skin ageing process – Lauric acid and cytokines helps in minimizing the skin cells aging. Apart from that connective tissue are kept hydrated and strong always.
Now start having coconut water daily so that your body can benefit from it naturally.