Exercises to Get Rid of Back Fat: Slimmer Buttocks
Back fat is a common problem in many people and sometimes it may be so serious that it may even affect your posture. One way to get rid of back fat is to do exercise specially made for reducing back fat. These are simple and effective. There are plyometric exercises, yoga poses and Pilates that help you in reducing back fat. You can choose one that you are comfortable with.
Most Effective Exercises to Reduce Back Fat:
Bird dog crunches:
- Take the pose of a dog or a quadruped position by getting on your hands and knees on the floor.
- Now take your right arm straight out and then extend your left leg behind you keeping it straight.
- Do a crunch by letting your elbow and knee meet each other.
- Take them back to the initial position and then repeat.
This exercise provides a good workout for your lower back as well as your midriff.
- Stand straight and keep your feet hip width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell with your right hand and keep the hand on your side.
- Keep your left hand on your hip.
- Now raise the dumbbell above your head and stretch.
- Next you have to raise your left knee towards your right elbow. This will provide a good stretch to your back and also burns lots of calories.
Doing this exercise increases the heart rate and also provides a good workout for the shoulders and upper back. The excess flab from your upper back is removed by doing this exercise regularly.
- Lie on a yoga mat with your face down. Keep your arms on your sides with the palms facing down.
- Inhale slowly and lift your chest off the floor, keeping your abs and glutes stretched. Your navel must be kept in contact with the ground.
- Raise your arms and back backwards by applying pressure on your hands.
- At the same you must also lift your legs a few inches off the ground.
- Remain in this position till you count 3 and then you can get back to the initial position by breathing out.
- Repeat the exercise 8 to 10 times.
Cobra exercise is good for the upper back.
Cat and cow pose:
- Come down to the yoga mat on your hands and knees.
- Inhale slowly and lift your head up. At the same time you have to arch your back, so that it takes a concave shape.
- Exhale slowly as you contract your abs and bring your head down. At the same time, round your back.
- Sit on your heels on the yoga mat.
- Drop your chest on the floor and touch the floor with your forehead. Let the arms be kept in front of you. Rest in this position.
- This pose is a relaxation pose and it helps in relaxing your body.
- Relax for a few seconds.
- Now repeat the entire cycle of cow pose followed by cat pose and child’s pose 6 times.
This helps in releasing the tension from the back. It is also good for toning up your back muscles and to make them stronger.
Dumbbell shoulder shrug:
- Stand straight with your arms on your sides and your feet wide apart.
- Now lift a five pound dumbbell in each hand. Your palms should br pointing towards each other.
- Shrug your shoulders by bringing them towards your ears as your hold on to the dumbbells.
- Remain in this pose for three counts and then you can lower your shoulders. Try to do this exercise 8 to 10 times.
Doing this provides a good workout for your upper back and tones up the muscles of your upper back.
- Stand straight with your feet kept wide apart from each other. Keep a kettle on the floor in front of you.
- Bend forward and take hold of the kettle with your both hands on the handle of the kettle. Come to the standing position and keep your arms straight in front of you.
- Slightly bend your knees and then swing the kettle between your legs and in front of you, till the level of chest.
This exercise provides a good workout for the upper back.
Spinal balance exercise using Swiss ball:
- Lie on your stomach on a Swiss ball and balance your body by engaging your back muscles. Roll forward and make your body straight, so that it is parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position with no contact with the floor in any way. If you find it difficult to do, you can place your feet on the wall to make your body stable.
How to do this exercise:
- Make sure that your feet are kept together as you do this exercise. Keep your gaze forward as you do the balancing.
- In the beginning you may find it difficult to balance your body on the Swiss ball without touching the floor. So, you may put your hands on the floor to balance your body.
- Slowly try applying less pressure on your hands, till only your index fingers touch the floor to help you balance on the ball. Then you may remove them also from the floor.
This exercise provides a good workout for your lower back muscles and helps in toning the muscles. At the same time, it is good for your core as well.
Now that you have seen various ways to reduce back fat, try these exercises at home. Doing them daily is sure to reduce your back fat and improve your figure, so that you can wear your favorite backless gown without any inhibitions.