Traditional Skin Care Tips for Dry and Oily Skin
Our grandmothers have beautiful skin even in their old age. Have you noticed how amazing they look in their old photographs? This is because of the home remedies that they follow for every problem. Nowadays nobody cares to follow these remedies. They rather use commercial skin care products, which are easily accessible in the market.
The skin care products that you buy from the market do have the ability to make your skin healthy and beautiful, but they are not as good as the home remedies that you can try at home without wasting too much of money. So, following traditional skin care routine is a good idea and this provides you a healthy skin that is clear, well moisturized and glowing. Here we will discuss about some traditional home remedies for different types of skin. You can choose those that suit your skin type.
Image credits: Flickr
Traditional Beauty Secrets for Glowing Skin:
For Dry and Irritated Skin:
If you have a dry and irritated skin, you need protein and fat in good amounts. So you have to include them in your regular diet. Eggs, pulses and healthy oils are rich sources of protein and fats. You can also make face masks with them and apply on your face.
A few simple face masks you can try:
- Mix egg yolk, oatmeal and olive oil and make a smooth paste of the right consistency. It should not be too thick or too thin that it may drip when you apply it. Apply this paste on your face and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with plain water. This makes your skin well hydrated and smooth.
- Fresh is cream one of the best ingredients for dry skin during the winter times. Mix fresh cream, oatmeal and honey to make a smooth paste. Apply this on your face and leave it on the skin for 20 minutes. Now wash off with water. This will keep your skin well moisturized during the dry winter climate.
- Take the white of an egg and mix it well with the juice of half a lemon. Apply this on your face and wait for some time. Wash off with water. This is an excellent home remedy for treating blackheads.
- Take the yolk of an egg and mix it well with lemon juice and olive oil. This is an excellent remedy for treating sun tan and provides a healthy glow to your face.
- When you have a dry skin, regular exfoliation is needed. Mix sour cream, lemon juice and honey and apply this mixture on your face. Wash off after some time. This removes all dead cells and keeps your skin well moisturized.
- A face pack made with honey, lemon juice and olive oil is ideal for dry skin. Apply this on your face and massage for a while with your finger tips. Let it remain on your face for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off with water. The lemon in this mask helps in making your skin bright.
- Take the pulp of an avocado and mix it with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 egg white. Whip them well to get a smooth paste. Apply this on your face and let it dry. Now you can wash your face with water.
For Oily and Troubled Skin:
If you have an oily skin, you have to deal with a lot of issues. As you age, the problems also increase. So, it is important that you take proper care of your skin. Some of the natural home remedies for oily skin are:
- Take some gram flour and mix some honey to it to get a fine paste. Apply this on your face. The gram flour absorbs the excess sebum and helps in removing the acne.
- Lemon and honey are excellent for oily skin. Don’t add olive oil t this mixture. Mix them and apply on your face. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Cucumber juice makes your face look fresh and glowing. It is also a good toner. Tomato juice is also great for oily skin. It helps in shrinking large pores and also removes acne to provide you a blemish free and fresh skin. Mash two ripe tomatoes and apply this on your face. Wait for 20 minutes and the wash your face with warm water. Then wash with cold water.
- Take shredded cucumber and mix it well with oatmeal to get a smooth paste. Apply this on your face and wait for some time. This rejuvenates your skin and removes all excess oil from your skin.
- Pineapple is another natural remedy for your skin. Take the juice of pineapple and apply this on your face. Leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off with water. This removes acne from your face and keeps your skin revitalized and glowing. You can use this once in a week to get a healthy skin.
- Mix honey, banana and lemon juice to get a fine paste. Apply this mask on your face and wait for 15 minutes. If you use it once a week, you will get a healthy and glowing skin.
- Papaya is a fruits that is suitable for all types of skin. Mash ripe papaya and apply it on your face. Leave it on your face for about 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. The enzymes contained in papaya are excellent for removing dead skin cells and making your skin fresh and glowing.
These home remedies are much cheaper than the skin care products that you get in the market and they also do not cause any side effects. So, try some of these remedies and see how it changes your skin.