Amla for Faster Hair Growth – How to use and is it good?
It is the dream of every woman to have long and shiny tresses that is beautiful and admired by all. If you wish to have such a hair, amla is there for you. Amla or Indian gooseberry is not only is used to make delicious and mouth watering pickles and various dishes, but it is also a natural way to get thick and beautiful hair. Our hair is exposed to various external and internal factors and these may cause hair fall. Amla is one of the easiest and effective ways to rejuvenate your hair.
How Amla helps you grow your Hair Naturally and Fast:
- Amla is also rich in antioxidants, which fight against free radicals and delays the process of ageing. Thus amla protects your hair from premature ageing.
- Hair breaks mainly when your body lacks Vitamin C. What else but amla can restore it? Amla is a storehouse of Vitamin C and provides you the Vitamin C that you need.
- The antiviral and antimicrobial properties of amla protect the body from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. It is also beneficial for preventing some types of cancers, besides being effective for reducing the severity of renal diseases, pancreatitis and diabetes.
- We all know that massaging the scalp increases the circulation of blood in the scalp. But when you massage with amla oil, it not only increases blood circulation, but also removes dry and unwanted flakes from the scalp, thereby opening the pores. As a result the scalp produces more natural oils and this leads to increased hair growth.
- You can condition the ends of the hair by applying amla oil and amla hair packs on the hair tips. This will prevent split ends and makes your hair healthy.
Different Ways to use Amla for Hair Re-growth:
Amla oil is one of the best ways to increase the growth of hair and to condition your hair. Some of the top brands also manufacture amla hair oil, which is good for the hair. It is also possible to make amla hair oil at home.
How to make Amla Hair Oil at Home:
- Take fresh amla and cut into pieces. Dry the pieces in shade and after they are fully dried, grind the dry pieces and make a powder. You also get amla powder in the market and may use it instead of making it at home.
- Add fenugreek powder and coconut oil to the amla powder and mix them well.
- Take this mixture in a pan and heat the pan on low flame.
- Heat them till the mixture turns brown. Make sure that the mixture does not get burned and turns black.
- Once the oil is brown in color, take it off from the fame and leave it to cool.
- Put the oil in a jar after it gets cooled.
You can apply this oil on your hair before you go to bed and leave it overnight or apply it on your hair, wrap a moist towel on your hair, wait for 15 to 30 minutes, and then wash off with water and mild shampoo.
Use Amla in Hair Packs and Condition your Hair:
- Mix 2 eggs and 2 tablespoon each of reetha, amla powder and shikakai. Mix them well and make a paste. Massage your scalp with this paste and leave the paste on your hair for 30 minutes. Wash your hair well with water. This pack acts as a good conditioner for your hair and makes your hair soft and strong.
- If you find it difficult to get reetha and shikakai, just mix one egg with 2 tablespoon of amla powder and use this instead. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
Amla Yogurt Pack:
- Take one cup of yogurt, which is thick and full of fat. Soak 2 teaspoon of methi, a bunch of curry leaves and 2 amla in the yougurt and put it overnight in the refrigerator. Next morning take it out and mix all of them together in a mixer, without adding any water. If the consistency is too thick, add yogurt instead of water. Apply this pack on your scalp and also on your hair. Leave it for about1 or 2 hours, till it dries. Wash your hair and scalp thoroughly with water and a mild shampoo.
This pack reduces hair fall and also makes your hair soft and lustrous. Yogurt and methi are good conditioners and make your hair soft and manageable. Curry leaves help to prevent hair fall and amla increases the growth of hair. It is also good for removing dandruff form the hair and the scalp.
Adding Amla Juice into your Diet:
It has been an ancient practice to drink amla juice for hair growth. Amla juice taken as it is, is a bit sour to taste. But it is necessary that you take amla juice for acquiring the Vitamin C that you need daily to have a strong hair and to increase the growth of the hair. Amla juice is also essential for keeping your immune system strong. If you find it hard to consume amla juice because of its sour taste, you can dilute it with water and add some honey to it. This way it becomes easy for you to have it.
Amla is beneficial not only for the growth of your hair, but also for your overall health. It helps you to have strong teeth and gums and also keeps you away from various infections like cold, flu, cough and so on. Amla also purifies the blood and keeps the body cells always active. As a result the body is protected from cancer.
Add amla to your daily diet and it will provide you a healthy body devoid of any diseases and infections. The oil you make with amla helps in providing you thick and long hair.