Early Morning Workout: Daily Exercises for Weight Loss
The best time to work out is in the morning. At that time the environment is fresh and calm, making it possible to exercise without any interruptions. According to ayurvedic Dinacharya, vyayama (exercise) is to be done after cleansing of the senses.
Why should you Workout in the Morning?
- Morning workouts make your body healthy.
- By working out in the morning, you will be able to get rid of all the toxins that have formed and accumulated in your body overnight.
- It helps in rejuvenating and recharging your body, so that you will be able to do all your activities with energy.
- According to studies made, you can burn higher percentage of fat by exercising in the morning.
- Morning work outs help in increasing your core temperature for the rest of the day. This means that you burn fat in the morning as well as through the rest of the day.
- When something is done early in the day, you tend to do it regularly, without any interruptions, so that you succeed in achieving your goal.
What should your early morning Workout Comprise Of?
Morning exercise for losing weight can be any exercise like walking, running, dancing, skipping, jogging, HIITs and so on. But when you are focused on losing weight, you have do exercises that help in burning more calories.
Cardio exercises are very important when you are aiming to lose weight. Doing cardio in the morning, on an empty stomach, helps your muscles to oxidize the fatty acids accumulated in the body. This means that you will burn the fat stored in your body, but not the calories that you have just consumed.
Morning Exercises for Weight Loss:
Biking is a good cardio exercise that helps in burning the calories. It also gives a workout for the leg muscles. While running is good for your calf muscles and shins, bilking is effective for the thighs as well. You can keep the speed according to your convenience. Biking is good for building endurance. By going for cycling in the morning, you will be able to avoid traffic.
This is also a cardiac exercise that helps in burning calories. This is aimed at strength building and muscle endurance through aerobic exercises of high intensity. Here you do all the exercises that complete one circuit and then repeat the circuit again. You get many circuit examples in the form of DVDs and YouTube videos. Some of the circuit training includes burpees, squat jumps, plank lifts and hand walks. When you do this in the morning, you are energetic and will be able to do it properly.
Kickboxing is good for making you stronger. It also helps in burning the excess fat and allows you to make good moves that you can use in self defence. Many fun kickboxing workouts are available online. When you are a beginner, it is best to join a kickboxing class. This is one of the effective morning exercises for weight loss.
This yoga exercise is a good cure for everything and is an easy way to deal with all types of diseases. You will able to lose fat from the stomach area by practicing kapalbhati pranayama. If you are a beginner, you should do it only for 3 minutes and then you can increase it to 10 minutes a day. 10 minutes is the maximum time for kapalbhati. You can do 700 counts of kapalbhati a day.
Nadi pranayama or anulom-vilom:
Nadi pranayama or anulom-vilom is a type of pranayama that is very popular. It can be done by a little child as well as an 80 year old grandma. This exercise helps in regulating your breath. As you know, breathing technique is very important in all kinds of exercises. This helps in weight loss and toning of your body.
Yoga guru Ramdev has popularized this yoga asana for a long time. This has made it popular among the masses. It is still practiced by many. Pranayama has the ability to keep you fit and young looking. You have to practice this in the morning, on an empty stomach.
Running or walking:
Although many people prefer to run on a treadmill, running outside is better, as you inhale the fresh and pollution free air in the morning. This air is good for your heart, lungs and mind.
A single Surya namaskar has the power to burn about 13.91 calories. If you can practice Surya namaskar for 30 minutes in the morning and complete 15 rounds, you will be able to burn about 278 to 280 calories. This is more than what you burn by doing a 1 hour cardio session. You can choose a version f Surya namaskar that fits you and practice it regularly. This is done at the time of sunrise. Along with burning calories, it is also good for your overall health. You can start with 8 Surya namaskars per day and then increase it in number.
It is important that you include stretching exercises in your daily routine. Even on your rest-days you can try some good stretching exercises. It is said that proteins can accumulate in your joints overnight, which can cause joint problems. Stretching your muscles and working out your joints help in preventing the proteins from accumulating and keeps you away from diseases like arthritis.
Yoga, as you know, is best done in the morning, before or at the time of sunrise. Make sure that you practice yoga asanas on an empty stomach. Yoga tones your body and helps in healing the strengthening your internal organs.
8 Minutes Morning Workout:
If you are looking for a way to loose weight quickly then you can check these 8 minute workout videos. All you have to do is just wake up 8 minutes early in the morning and start doing these exercises.
Keep in Mind:
- Do your AM cardio workouts on an empty stomach and make sure that you remain hydrated all the time.
- If you are doing weight training after you do cardio, then you should have some protein-rich food, like banana or some almonds.
- Try to do Abhyanaga (self-massage with oil) before you start doing your morning exercises. It helps in removing toxins effectively and keeps your body moisturized.
- Since you also need to take care of your beauty, make sure that you apply a good sunscreen on your face and body before you go outside for running or biking.