Natural Beauty Tips to Remove Dark Circles Completely
People of all age groups suffer from dark circles and in today’s lifestyle adults, teenagers and even children are seen with dark circles. This is also called ‘raccoon eyes’. Lack of sleep and nutritional diet, hectic schedules in office, schools and colleges, too much of smoking and drinking of alcohol are some of the main factors that are responsible for dark circles. In some it is also hereditary. Dark circles should be avoided as it makes you look tired, older than your actual age and sick. They also make your eyes look dull and mask the beauty of your eyes.
You get a lot of creams and gels in the market to reduce the dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. There are also clinical remedies which promise to remove dark patches instantly. However, home remedies are considered best for removing dark circles.
[Also Read: Money Saving Beauty Tips]
Home Remedies for Removing Dark Circles:
Cucumber is an age old remedy for removing dark circles. Even in professional clinics and spa you can see them treating your eyes with cucumber as it has the ability to provide a cooling effect. It plays the role of an astringent and makes the dark area under your eyes lighter in color. It also improves the flow of blood and thus reduces puffiness.
- Take a small sized cucumber, grate it and take its juice.
- Dip cotton balls in this juice and apply it under your eyes.
- Wait for some time so that the skin absorbs the juice. Wash off with plain water.
- You may also keep slices of cucumber over your eyes and get the same results.
Presence of Vitamin C, potassium and protein in fenugreek seeds help in making the dark patches under the eyes lighter in color.
- Soak 3 teaspoon of fenugreek seed for 3 hours in water.
- Grind it to get a smooth paste.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric.
- Add a teaspoon of milk.
- Mix well and apply under your eyes.
- Rinse with cold water after 15 minutes.
Green tea bags:
Green tea is a rich source of antioxidants and tannins. It is good for lightening the skin and also to reduce wrinkles.
- Take half a cup of water and boil tea bags in it.
- Cool it and then place these tea bags over your eyes. Wait for 15 minutes and you will get instant relief.
- You can also dip cotton balls in boiled tea leaves and then apply it under your eyes.
[Also Read: Green Tea Face Packs for Skin]
Having a healthy lifestyle can help a lot in removing and preventing dark circles under your eyes.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water every day.
- Include lots of vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, sprouts etc in your daily diet as they contain Vitamin K.
- Proper sleep is very important. Sleep for at least 8 hours daily.
This reduces puffiness instantly and provides a relaxing sensation.
- Wrap 2 to 3 ice cubes with a soft cloth.
- Keep it over your eyes till all the ice melt away.
- Take some mint leaves and crush them in a pestle and mortar.
- Apply these crushed leaves under your eyes and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
Orange lentils or masoor dal:
- Soak 3 teaspoon of masoor dal in water overnight.
- Grind in the morning to get a smooth paste.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato paste and lime juice.
- Add a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix well and apply it under your eyes.
- Let it dry and then wash off with water.
Potato and cucumber:
By mixing potato and cucumber you will get benefits of both vegetables. Potato is a bleaching agent and hence good for the skin that is dark or pigmented. Cucumber has cooling property and improves the appearance of the area under your eyes.
For this you need:
- One potato
- One cucumber
- A little of coconut or almond oil
How to prepare:
- Peel both potato and cucumber and then grate them separately.
- Take them in equal quantities and mix well.
How to use it:
- Apply it on the area around your eyes and wait for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Now take some coconut oil on your finger tips and massage over the dark circles in circular motion, clockwise and then anticlockwise. Coconut oil keeps the eye area moisturized and prevents dark circles, winkles and blemishes.
- Let it remain overnight.
Potato can reduce puffiness under your eyes and also treat dark spots, tan, blemishes and pigmentation.
- Grate a raw potato and take its juice.
- Take cotton balls, dip them in this juice and apply it under your eyes.
- You may also cut slices of potato and keep them over your eyes.
The anti-inflammatory properties of rose water help in reducing puffiness under the eyes.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water.
- Apply this under your eyes. It has a cooling and refreshing effect. It immediately helps in reducing puffiness under the eyes.
[Also Read: Benefits of Rosewater for Skin]
Tomato has skin lightening property because of the presence of the antioxidant lycopene in it. It is also good for preventing wrinkles.
- Take a small tomato and make a paste of it.
- Apply this under your eyes and wash off after 15 minutes.
As you may be aware, natural remedy takes time to give positive results. So be patient and do not expect to get instant results. With regular use of these home remedies, you are sure to remove dark circles effectively. So, try some of the tips given above and get rid of dark circles.